I am a Postdoctoral Fellow (work with Prof. Wolfgang Banzhaf) at Michigan State University, USA. I received the Ph.D. degree (Advisor: Prof. Bo Zhang) from Tsinghua University, China, in July 2015. From January 2014 to January 2015, I was a visiting Ph.D. student (Advisor: Prof. Xin Yao) at University of Birmingham, UK. I was a Research Fellow (worked with Prof. Yew-Soon Ong) at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, from October 2015 to December 2016. My research interests lie at the intersection of computational intelligence, software engineering, and operations research. Currently I am interested in the following topics:
- Automatic program repair/synthesis
- Genetic improvement
- Evolutionary multi/many-objective optimizatoin
- Evolutionary multi-task optimization
- Bayesian optimization
- Intelligent scheduling in job-shop environments
- January 6, 2021. I will serve as the PC member for The 10th International Workshop on Genetic Improvement @ICSE 2021.
- October 6, 2020, We orgainze a Special Issue on Advances in Memetic Automaton in the Memetic Computing Journal.
- January 13, 2020. I will serve as the PC member for IJCAI-PRICAI 2020.
- December 13, 2019. I will serve as the PC member for the Genetic Improvement Workshop to be held at ICSE 2020.
- December 5, 2019. We will hold the Competition on Evolutionary Multi-task Optimization at both GECCO 2020 and WCCI 2020.
- August 22, 2019. One paper was accepted to ACM TOSEM.
- July 24, 2019. I will serve as the Guest Co-Editor for a special issue at Complexity.
- May 23, 2019. I attended ICSE 2019 held at Montreal, QC, Canada.
- May 17, 2019. I gave a talk at Genetic Programming Theory & Practice XVII Workshop.
- March 20, 2019. One full paper was accepted to GECCO 2019.
- December 14, 2018. I will serve as the Guest Co-Editor for two special issues at EURASIP Journal on WCN.
- October 1, 2018. One paper was accepted to IEEE TSE.
- September 16, 2018. We will organize Competition on Evolutionary Multi-task Optimization at CEC 2019.
- August 30, 2018. I will serve as the Lead Guest Editor for a special issue at IEEE TETCI.
- July 30, 2018. We will organize Special Session on Memetic Computing at CEC 2019.
Selected Publications (Full List)
Toward better evolutionary program repair: An integrated approach
Yuan Yuan, Wolfgang Banzhaf. ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, 29(1):1-53, 2020. [PDF] [Code]
ARJA: Automated repair of Java programs via multi-objective genetic programming
Yuan Yuan, Wolfgang Banzhaf. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, in press. [PDF] [Code]
Objective reduction in many-objective optimization: Evolutionary multiobjective approaches and comprehensive analysis
Yuan Yuan, Yew-Soon Ong, Abhishek Gupta, Hua Xu. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 22(2):189-210, 2018. [PDF] [Code]
Balancing convergence and diversity in decomposition-based many-objective optimizers
Yuan Yuan, Hua Xu, Bo Wang, Bo Zhang, Xin Yao. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 20(2):180-198, 2016. [PDF] [Code]
A new dominance relation-based evolutionary algorithm for many-objective optimization
Yuan Yuan, Hua Xu, Bo Wang, Xin Yao. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 20(1):16-37, 2016. [PDF] [Code]
Multiobjective flexible job shop scheduling using memetic algorithms
Yuan Yuan, Hua Xu. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 12(1):336-353, 2015. [PDF]